Monday, October 7, 2013

I CAN DO IT!!

This is my favorite picture. I have it framed and in my office. It reminds me that no matter what my head or society is telling me... I Can Do It!  Anything! I can be an astronaut if I want to. I can sing on Broadway. I can be the best me ever! All I have to do is ignore the negative thought bubbles popping up from my head and apply myself.

I have never been one with patience. I want things right now, when I want them, where I can see them. So it's no wonder weight loss programs never work for me. I have tried Slim-Fast and lost 15lbs over the course of two months and quickly gained it all back. I have tried Weight Watchers, but counting points is not something for an impatient woman. I have even tried Atkins and lost 16lbs in two weeks!! Atkins made me feel like crap and I quickly gained it all back. 

So what have I chose to do this time?  Good old fashioned healthy eating and exercise.  Yep, this impatient woman is going to have her patience tested big time!! However, it doesn't help that I have the hottest workout partner ever (Hey, I am partial to my husband)!! We started working out today to Shaun T's T25.  We have done Insanity before...and let me tell you, IT'S INSANE! I am so out of shape, but I could do it.  T25 was not nearly as insane. But since this girl has not exercised in several months...or years... T25 kicked my butt. But in a good way.

Now that you know my exercise routine, what am I going to eat? I have decided plain and simple is the way to go. No need to change up what I eat on a daily basis. For me, having a plan and sticking with is the best way to go.  For breakfast, I had 1 cup of Raisin Bran, 1/2 cup milk and a banana.  For lunch, I will have two slices of 45 calorie bread, three slices of turkey, two tomato slices, and 1/2 tbsp. of mayo and carrots as a side for crunch.  I will have one 100 calorie snack between meals. I will keep dinner to a 450 to 500 calorie minimum, which will consist of mainly a protein and veggies. 

It all sounds good on paper. I just hope I can apply it to my daily life. As my picture says, I CAN DO IT! And I can. And I will.

But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

—Romans 8:25

No comments:

Post a Comment